- Aaron Hughes and Reza Aslan debate "Jew" in 7th cent: 1) Hughes' original piece 2) Aslan's response.
- Outside the Bible, 3-Volume Set: Ancient Jewish Writings Related to Scripture edited by Louis H. Feldman, James L. Kugel and Lawrence H. Schiffman wins the 2014 National Jewish Book of the Year for Scholarship.
- The Encyclopedia Iranica is launching an online crowd-sourcing project.
Daniel Boyarin is at Columbia University March 23rd discussing "No Judaism to Speak of: Against Abstractions in Ancient Histories."
- A collection of blog posts on the subject Jesus: Not God in New Testament Christologies.
- Vanderbilt Prof Jack M. Sassoon retires from teaching.
A conversation with Bart Ehrman | The author of How Jesus Became God talks about his critics and how he stopped believing in a God who intervenes and helps people.
Yale University is offering a free course on Roman Architecture.
Haaretz piece on the online sale of pieces of Dead Sea Scrolls.
This week at AJR! Nathan interviews Sören Swoboda about his 2014 book, Tod und Sterben im Krieg bei Josephus: Die Intentionen von Bellum und Antiquitates im Kontext griechisch-römischer Historiographie (“Death and Dying in War in the Works of Josephus: The Intentions of Bellum and Antiquitates in the Context of Greco-Roman Historiography”).
We are pleased to announce the birth of our newest Assistant Editor, Baby Girl Schumer! We are so happy for Nathan and Hilary!