Jane Kanarek and Marjorie Lehman discuss Learning to Read Talmud, their book on rabbinic literature.
"Much as we write about the Talmud itself, we pay far less attention to the significance and contribution of writing about our teaching. With our book, Learning to Read Talmud, we aim to expand the research agendas of Talmudists to include scholarship on the teaching of rabbinic literature."
ARTICLES AND NEWS
- New app lets users visit Herodian Jerusalem.
- At Eidolon, Eric Adler discusses classism in Classics.
- Inscribed menorah and crucifix discovered next to each other in a cistern in the southern Judean hills.
- On Columbusing "classical" Mandaic.
- Sidnie White Crawford discusses the DSS and the composition of the Bible.
- Reread Andrew Jacobs' discussion of New Years (or the day of Jesus' circumcision).
- Cicero is resurrected for the age of Trump.
A guide to Creation: in case we have to start over.— Emily Steiner (@PiersatPenn) January 5, 2017
Paris, Bibl. Sainte-Geneviève, 1124 pic.twitter.com/JSxH4D7h0h