- Jennifer Quigley booknotes The People beside Paul: The Philippian Assembly and History From Below.
"How does an orientation towards 'a people’s history,' following Howard Zinn, help scholars ask new questions about the context and content of Paul’s Letter to the Philippians, a brief but important text in the Pauline corpus?"
ARTICLES AND NEWS
- Enoch Seminar newsletter can be found here.
- New open access journal CLARA (Classical Art and Archaeology).
- Discussion of art and medieval astronomy and how it shapes modern depictions of stars and planets.
- Apply for an Archaeological Institute of America site preservation grant!
- Read Trajan's column like an ancient comic strip via National Geographic.
- The Director of the British Museum talks about why the museum is still relevant.
- Great Eidolon piece on teaching Latin in prisons.
- Timothy Lim on the Dead Sea Scrolls at 70.
Early Christian Manuscripts (Brill, 2010) is available for free download until 28 Jan as part of Academic Book Week: https://t.co/Dm8mfqfR2d— Brian Bunnell (@BrianWBunnell) January 25, 2017