Israel Museum model of Jerusalem Temple (By Ariely via Wikimedia Commons)
Dr. Alyssa Gray reflects on her contributions to the field of rabbinic charity and urges scholars to "take rabbinic intertextuality and the creation of texts out of other texts very seriously."
ARTICLES AND NEWS
- Byzantine era stable discovered in Avdat.
- Archaeologists restore "Herodian" Temple floor as part of the Temple Mount sifting project.
- Interesing account from Haaretz of how human remains are studied in Israel, where exhumation is prohibited by the ultra-Orthodox.
- The SBL has released its new artifact policy.
- At Bible Odyssey, Jane Webster discusses the artistic representation of Susanna and the Elders.
- On the essentiality of critical editions of the Bible via Biblical Archaeology.
- At thegemara.com, Ariel Furstenberg brings a philosophical approach to changes in the laws of theft.
Highlights from Twitter
Adam Becker & I will be speaking at Fordham in Nov = "Judaism, Christianity, & Origin of Religion in Late Antiquity" https://t.co/DN62EGDHlg— Annette Yoshiko Reed (@AnnetteYReed) September 7, 2016