- Identity, a Way Forward (Perhaps) by Dr. Todd Berzon
Todd Berzon tackles the ambiguity of identity and suggests "the use of identity operates to conceal analysis rather than illuminate it. The term is not simply under-explained (and under-theorized), but its imprecision hints at a more fundamental problem: identity usually means something else entirely."
Articles and News
- Synagogue discovered in Tel Rechesh, near Mt. Tabor in Galilee (would be the first rural Second Temple synagogue ever discovered in Roman Palestine).
- Second century CE frescoes discovered in Sepphorite monumental building in the lower city.
- Roman bath house discovered under modern mikvah in Jerusalem.
- This review of Ben Hur gives it three more stars than I expected.
- Dueling reviews of Gregg Gardner's The Origins of Organized Charity in Rabbinic Judaism in Marginalia (John Mandsager) and BMCR (Danielle Steen Fatkin) respectively.
- On reuniting the head and body of a statue of Antinous.
- Sarah Bond documents the history of eating on the campaign trail from ancient Rome to Donald Trump.
- Fourth century mosaic depicting a chariot race found on Cyprus.