"David as Warrior at Dura-Europos" by Michael Peppard.
"Thus was David, the slinger and mightiest warrior available in the long memory of the Jewish and Christian traditions, imagined and claimed years later as a symbol of hope against a formidable foe."
- AJR Welcomes Erin Galgay Walsh as a new editor of Christianity. Also, AAJR Grant #2!
Articles and News
- "Digitising Hebraic Scrolls" by Ann Tomalak at British Library.
- "New Besa fragment published" at the Coptic Scriptorium.
- "Monumental Mausolea: Building Projects and Slave Labor from Antiquity to the World Cup" by Sarah Bond.
- "On the Literary Influence of Edward Gibbon’s Decline and Fall" by Tobias Carroll at Signature.
- "Who Were the Sadducees?" by Michael Satlow on Bible Odyssey.
- Digital Humanities in Ancient Jewish, Christian and Arabic Traditions--new issue out!
- "The Walls of Jericho" by Mara Sala on Bible Odyssey.
- Palestine Exploration Quarterly--new issue out!
New issue of Journal of Ancient History and Archaeology Vol 3, No 1 (2016)
The first ancient Hebrew seal published? Seal of Shebnayau (servant of Uzziyau?), Revue archéologique, 1863 pic.twitter.com/Y4lHRQnL1r— Michael Press (@MichaelDPress) May 3, 2016