Dr. Jonathan Klawans continues the SBLAAR16 review forum of Chris Hayes' What's Divine About Divine Law?
ARTICLES AND NEWS
- Sarah Bond looks at the Roman and medieval precedents to the Eagle Huntress.
- Jessica Wright discusses teaching Latin in prison.
- Catherine Kennedy discusses Thecla at the Dangerous Woman Project.
- National Geographic's new profile of Herod seeks to rescue himfrom his role as stock villain.
- Interesting writeup of very early Ethiopian images (fourth century CE) of the four writers of the Gospels.
- New spectral imaging technique allowed Loren Stuckenbruck and his team to look at earlier biblical texts that underlay a later commentary on Revelation.
- A "Freedom of Zion" coin from the First Revolt was recently discovered; now a political prop.
A gazelle and a ... lion? hipster? chess piece? JTS ENA 2028.9 verso (11th/12th century Hebrew liturgical text on recto) pic.twitter.com/RjlOuYPTAN— Marina Rustow (@mrustow) December 11, 2016