"What these essays offer instead are provocative and stimulating inroads into the task of recognizing just how different the late ancient world may have actually been."
ARTICLES AND NEWS
- At the Gemara.com, Marjorie Lehman discusses Kimchit between priests and rabbis.
- At Forbes, Sarah Bond discusses the Philosopher's Stone.
- Biblical Archaeology reviews the Jerusalem exhibit at the Met.
- The New Yorker discusses the hidden black female figures of Western art.
- More on the Syriac mosaics of Edessa.
- Adam Kirsch's Daf Yomi column ventures into Talmudic views of coinage and money.
- Trove of Canaanite silver and gold stars found in the Judaean hills.
- More on the search for other Dead Sea Scrolls.