Dr. Cavan Concannon imagines new paths for the study of Paul and New Testament Epistles
" To pronounce the future of a field is a weighty task. To conjure the future is beyond me. What I can do is gesture towards a future, a future in which I think I could have fun studying Paul again. The future that I conjure is not a neutral one. I am a partisan in the battles over Pauline studies. My prescriptions stem from my own roots in feminist biblical criticism, though I also invoke here other pathways toward solidarities that might yet be cobbled together."
ARTICLES AND NEWS
- Mosaic featuring King Abgar found in Turkey
- Archaeologists unearth mosaics in pristine condition.
- In this video, Tom Holland discusses Byzantium's role as a conduit between the East and West in late antique/medieval period, as illustrated by manuscripts.
- Christopher Rollston has more to say about the "Jerusalem" Papyrus.
- At Forbes, Sarah Bond discusses the history of dangerous lists.
- The Times Literary Supplement has 20 questions with Mary Beard.
- New video on the "Josephus Problem."
- National Geographic discusses the unearthing of sepulchre in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.