"Julia Watts Belser, an assistant professor of Jewish Studies at Georgetown University, presents how tractate Taʿanit in the Babylonian Talmud (hereafter BT) both inherits this Deuteronomic understanding and challenges the seemingly straightforward notion that “piety and virtue can assure good fortune in this world” (p. 5)."
ARTICLES AND NEWS
- Scholars scrutinize fragments allegedly belonging to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Sarah Bond on allegations of demonic possession ancient and modern.
- A fragment of papyrus from 2,700 years ago sheds light on the connection between the Kings of Israel and Jerusalem.
- Archaeologists find gate-shrine from First Temple period.
- Evidence found for where Roman legions breached the walls of Jerusalem.