ARTICLES AND NEWS
- In the Catholic Historical Review, Liz Clark surveys the historiography of late antiquity and late ancient Christianity.
- Katell Berthelot's new article in Recherches de Science Religieuse surveys recent work in the field of ancient Judaism.
- Historic Christian Library saved from ISIS.
- Louis Menand takes on History in the New Yorker.
- Zvi Stampfer's "Geniza fragment of the month", and asks, did the academies at Sura and Pumbedita hold the original commentaries on the Talmud?
- Congrats to David Michelson and Syriaca.org, who received an NEH grant for their work.
- The New York Times' Travel Section features Herod the Great's Israel (although admittedly, it's not the most accurate rendering of Herod's role and kingdom).
- AJR collected a reading list for these last days of Passover.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND DEADLINES
manuSciences '15: Franco-German Summer school in manuscript studies combining history and philology with materials sciences, digital humanities and computer sciences from 9/6/15-9/12/15. Deadline, May 26.
4/17-19 "Pain & Pleasure in Classical Antiquity" at Columbia University. RSVP required.
5/3-5/6 "Sacred Song in the Late Antique & Byzantine East: Comparative Explorations" at Brown University
Send us any events or articles that we may have missed