ARTICLES AND NEWS
- At TheTorah.com, Malka Simkovich examines Pesach in the Bible, the Second Temple period, and in early rabbinic literature.
- At the Talmud blog, Chris Hayes responds to the panel What is the Bavli?
- TheTorah.com has a collection of Passover related articles from Ronald Hendel, Michael Satlow, Azzan Yadin, Malka Simkovich, Marc Brettler, and many others.
- Laura Nasrallah on the letters of Paul and why she studies early Christianity (video).
- Ellen Muehlberger and John Penniman review Douglas Boin's Coming out Christian at Marginalia.
- Sarah Bond on ancient board game inscriptions.
- Jacob Prahlow hosts March's Biblical Studies carnival.
- This month, Adam McCollum challenges us to be better readers of (ancientish) languages.
AJR interviews the Jewish Theological Seminary's Cairo Genizah team about preservation and digitization of manuscripts. Bonus: Maimonides makes an appearance!
4/10-4/11 "Liturgy and Aesthetics in Late Antiquity" at Syracuse University
4/17-19 "Pain & Pleasure in Classical Antiquity" at Columbia University. RSVP required.
5/3-5/6 "Sacred Song in the Late Antique & Byzantine East: Comparative Explorations" at Brown University
Do you have an event, article, or tool you'd like to share? Send us a link to include in our weekly roundup!